Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Charcoal Iron

So I thought I would put some short written work onto the blog, we have some funny moments and some hard moments here and its hard not to write something about them.  

Today we were walking on the way home from the market, when the local girl we were with, Rachelle, collapsed into my arms.  I wasn't sure what was up at first but quickly realized she was having a seizure.  I was able to help her down and Jesse and I kept her protected from hurting herself on the hard red road below her.  By the time she came to, there were at least a hundred people standing all around.  I can't imagine what it looks like for a crowd to see 4 wazungus (whites) hovered over an african girl.  Still with prayer and reasurrance, she came around and was able to walk home with us.  We thank God that we were there and had some experience with epilepsy before.  God continues to be faithful.

another story.... 

We are on our way to an interview with some guy we know nothing about. On the way over the missionary leans to the back seat to tell Jesse and I that its a good thing we aren't wearing shorts because we are seeing the head of the Asembly of God Churches today. He has had the role for 30 years and he is old. He is one of the most powerful church leaders in all the Congo.... 
As we get out of the vehicle I look down at my pasty white legs below my pinstriped shorts....Alright legs....you haven't let me down yet.

Well Jesse is in the other Room right now learning to play the Violin.  Apparently the first time did not go so well at home so "friends," lets show this guy some support eh!  Twinkle twinkle little star is squeakin its way out already....you just never know!

Alright, well we are going to play some music with the family, and oh my, I better go clean out the iron I used this morning....yeah thats right, it is a cast iron...well, iron..... and I ironed my trousers with it this morning.....what an experience :)

love you all

1 comment:

  1. Hey you two!
    I just saw the video you made the last night in Nairobi. I really needed to hear/see that. Thanks you guys! God bless.

    ReplyDelete